If you like crunch in your food, you will simply adore Crunchy Burger, where most of the layers of this delectable sandwich have their own unique crunch. Simple, yet incredibly effective and tasty! Serve with deep-fried onion rings for a great meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean, organic)
- 1 clove garlic, freshly minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- about 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices American cheese
- 4 potato buns, split, toasted
- 4 beefsteak tomato slices (optional)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
- 4 red onion slices (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Horseradish Mustard Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 4 handfuls potato chips
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 pinches Kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, Worcestershire and beef, incorporating the ingredients thoroughly with a spatula.
- Portion meat into 4 (6-ounce) patties, about 3/4-inch thick. With your thumb, make a deep impression in the center of each patty. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- On a griddle or in a hot sauté pan, warm the oil. Sear the burgers on both sides. During the last minute of cooking, top each burger with 2 slices cheese and cover.
- Place the burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with tomato, lettuce, onion and a dollop of mayonnaise.
- Pile on the potato chips, top with remaining bun tops. Hold together with a long bamboo skewer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- The sauce may be made 1 day in advance.
Warm Pear Charlotte is a simply stunning dessert suitable for any occasion and perfect for entertain...
The combination of multiple cheeses adds a new dimension to Mac 'n Cheese. Try making this with chee...
Our recipe for Summer Berry Paris-Brest is a gem of a dessert, ideally suited to special occasions o...
Oyster and Artichoke Soup is a rich, creamy soup with luscious flavor. The pairing of its key ingre...