If you like crunch in your food, you will simply adore Crunchy Burger, where most of the layers of this delectable sandwich have their own unique crunch. Simple, yet incredibly effective and tasty! Serve with deep-fried onion rings for a great meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean, organic)
- 1 clove garlic, freshly minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- about 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices American cheese
- 4 potato buns, split, toasted
- 4 beefsteak tomato slices (optional)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
- 4 red onion slices (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Horseradish Mustard Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 4 handfuls potato chips
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 pinches Kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, Worcestershire and beef, incorporating the ingredients thoroughly with a spatula.
- Portion meat into 4 (6-ounce) patties, about 3/4-inch thick. With your thumb, make a deep impression in the center of each patty. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- On a griddle or in a hot sauté pan, warm the oil. Sear the burgers on both sides. During the last minute of cooking, top each burger with 2 slices cheese and cover.
- Place the burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with tomato, lettuce, onion and a dollop of mayonnaise.
- Pile on the potato chips, top with remaining bun tops. Hold together with a long bamboo skewer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- The sauce may be made 1 day in advance.
Pot au Feu is a classic French comfort dish. It takes the better part of an afternoon to prepare, bu...
This simple, delicious and flavorful Easy Fish Chowder puts smiles on everyone's face at your table,...
Apple-Ginger Pork Chops is an original Epicurus.com recipe of exceptional flavor and texture that's ...
You may serve Shrimp Cakes with Chipotle Aioli as a main course, but if you make the cakes small, yo...