Roasted potatoes are a superb accompaniment for roast turkey, beef or pork. Perfect as a substitute for mashed at holiday meals. Surprisingly, they go very well with gravy. They’re glorious as a side for burgers.
Try adding some crushed garlic to the butter. About 1/2 teaspoon would do the trick to give these potatoes an extra added flavor. Outstanding.
- 1 pound (450 g) potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges or chunks
- melted butter (or fat from roasted meat) to roast
- 2 Cups (4 ounces or 120 grams) fresh white breadcrumbs, sieved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mixed herbs, chopped
- Cut the potatoes into even pieces and parboil in salted water for 8 minutes.
- Drain and allow to dry off.
- Heat the butter or meat drippings, or any other suitable fat, in a deep roasting pan.
- Put the potatoes into the butter and roast in the oven 375 degrees F (190 deg. C) gas mark 5 for 30 minutes basting occasionally with the hot butter.
- Mix together the sieved breadcrumbs and mixed herbs.
- Carefully remove the partially cooked potatoes from the butter and roll them in the breadcrumb mixture. Be very careful not to burn yourself.
- Return to the roasting pan and continue to cook until nicely browned.
Simple, rich and exceptionally flavored, Baby Carrots and Onions in Cream goes so well with roasts a...
Baked Apples with Fruit and Nuts is a superb dessert to end a wonderful meal. The combination of app...
A family favorite and American classic, the Chicken Casserole is easy to make, packed with flavors e...
Cool, aromatic and seductive, this alluring Chilled Cucumber and Cilantro Soup makes a great start t...