Roasted potatoes are a superb accompaniment for roast turkey, beef or pork. Perfect as a substitute for mashed at holiday meals. Surprisingly, they go very well with gravy. They’re glorious as a side for burgers.
Try adding some crushed garlic to the butter. About 1/2 teaspoon would do the trick to give these potatoes an extra added flavor. Outstanding.
- 1 pound (450 g) potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges or chunks
- melted butter (or fat from roasted meat) to roast
- 2 Cups (4 ounces or 120 grams) fresh white breadcrumbs, sieved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mixed herbs, chopped
- Cut the potatoes into even pieces and parboil in salted water for 8 minutes.
- Drain and allow to dry off.
- Heat the butter or meat drippings, or any other suitable fat, in a deep roasting pan.
- Put the potatoes into the butter and roast in the oven 375 degrees F (190 deg. C) gas mark 5 for 30 minutes basting occasionally with the hot butter.
- Mix together the sieved breadcrumbs and mixed herbs.
- Carefully remove the partially cooked potatoes from the butter and roll them in the breadcrumb mixture. Be very careful not to burn yourself.
- Return to the roasting pan and continue to cook until nicely browned.
Enough for 12 hearty portions, this potent, spicy Beef Goulash would make any Hungarian happy. Serv...
The sweet, subtle flavor of peas adds exceptional quality to Chilled Soup of Mixed Peas, served well...
The word stracciatella comes from the Italian stracciato which means torn or ragged. It is a kind of...
Fudge Filled Cupcakes bring a luscious taste sensation with each bite. These are the kind of treat ...