Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 pounds whole trout; cleaned
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons finely-chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion; chopped
- 1/2 celery stalk; chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (8 ounce); cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange individual trout in a 13- by 9-inch casserole or pan. In a skillet, cook green pepper, onion and celery in butter till tender.
- Stir in sugar, salt, oregano, pepper and stewed tomatoes; mix well.
- Pour tomato mixture over trout.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.