Creole Green Beans in Mustard Vinaigrette
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
- Mustard Vinaigrette, see Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans cut into lengthwise slivers
- 1 teaspoon capers; drained, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned pimiento; drained, for garnish
- Make Mustard Vinaigrette. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add beans and cook until water returns to a boil. Remove beans with a slotted spoon, drain, and put into cold running water until cool. Bring pan of water to a boil again, add beans again, and boil until tender (about 3 minutes).
To serve, drain and place on a serving plate. Pour vinaigrette over and garnish with capers and pimiento. Serve hot or cold.