If you love Crème Brûlée, you’re going to simply adore Crème Brûlée French Toast, a rich breakfast treat. Perfect for brunch or an evening meal.
Creme Brulee French Toast
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Brunch
- 1 Quart cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons vanilla extract; (3 to 4)
- 27 ounce challah loaf
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter; melted
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan. Wrap bottom and outside of pan with foil, reserving enough foil to cover top of pan during baking.
- Slice challah bread into 1-inch thick slices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine cream, vanilla, sugar and egg yolks. Beat to mix well.
- Place 1/4 of the bread slices into pan layering in a circular pattern. Pour egg mixture over top of bread until bread is completely soaked.
- Repeat layering and soaking process until pan is full.
- Weigh bread down with a plate anchored with a full food can, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove plate and can and cover top of pan with foil, sealing airtight. Place pan in water bath and bake 1-1/2 hours in an oven preheated to 325 degrees.
- Remove foil, cool and refrigerate. When fully chilled, remove from pan, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Just before serving, preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the bread round into 7 wedges. Brush each wedge with melted butter, place on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until completely warmed (or warm in microwave).
- Makes 7 servings.