Packed with rich, delicious flavor, these appetizer sandwiches are full of delightful surprises with each bite.
Creamy Olive French Delight
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 1 dozen
- 1/4 pound ground beef, lean
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons green olive with pimentos, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1. Brown the ground beef in a small skillet, drain off the drippings, and let cool slightly.
- Combine the cream cheese, olives, and onions in a small bowl, mixing until well blended. Add the ground beef and mix lightly, then season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut ends off the French bread (discard or save the pieces) then slice the bread in to 5" pieces. Remove the centers leaving a hollow half" shell (discard or save the pieces).
- Stuff the bread with the ground beef mixture, wrap securely and chill until firm, slice and serve.