Creamy Chicken Salad with Mango Dressing
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 3 chicken breast; whole, boneless
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 3/4 Cup rice
- 2 mangoes
- 3 green onions; chopped
- 3 Tablespoons French dressing
- Mango Dressing:
- 1 mango
- 1/2 Cup light cream
- 1/4 Cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 Tablespoon mint; chopped
- 1 Tablespoon mango chutney
- Place chicken stock in pan, add chicken; cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is tender; drain and cool. Add rice gradually to a large pan of boiling water.
- Boil rapidly, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender; drain and cool. Cut mango into thin strips. Cut chicken into slices.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a blender. Combine rice, onions and French dressing in a bowl.
- Place on plates; top with chicken and mango dressing.