Creamy Asparagus Soup is a kosher alternative to traditional Matzo Ball Soup for Passover. It’s rich in flavor and simply delish!
Creamy Asparagus Soup
Adapted from Joy of Kosher.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 6 1 cup servings
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, chopped
- 2 1/2 Cups fat-free reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces (1 package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add asparagus and broth; stir. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Blend asparagus mixture, in batches, in blender until smooth; return to saucepan. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir on medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted, and soup is well blended and heated through.
Cook additional asparagus tips; use as a garnish for individual bowls of soup.
Serving size: per cup Calories: 160 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 180mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 25mg