Creamed Chicken and Fettuccine
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 1 package fettuccine noodles (6 ounces)
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 egg
- flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry, dry
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1. In saucepot, prepare fettuccine as label directs; drain. Return fettuccine to saucepan; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast in half. In small bowl, beat egg slightly. On waxed paper, mix 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken pieces into egg, then into flour mixture to coat evenly.
- In 10" skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons hot butter (1/4 stick), cook chicken until tender and browned, 10 minutes. Remove to platter; keep warm.
- Prepare sauce; In drippings in skillet, over medium heat, heat 2 more tablespoons butter; add mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in milk and sherry; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove 1 cup sauce.
- Toss fettuccine with sauce in skillet. Arrange on platter with chicken. Pour reserved sauce over chicken. Sprinkle fettuccine with parsley.