Simply wonderful in Autumn, this wonderful consomme is an ideal starter for Thanksgiving, or a good weekend supper or brunch.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 tart apple, unpeeled and grated
- 31 1/2 ounces beef consomme
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon imported curry powder
- 1 red apple, unpeeled and chopped, for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Add the grated onion and apple to the consomme and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Puree in a blender, then put through a strainer.
- Stir in cream and season with paprika and curry powder. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Reheat slowly, just until heated through.
- Serve in small cups garnished with chopped unpeeled apple sprinkled with lemon juice.