If you really love to create unique, exciting salads, Crazy Cobb Salad is a priceless addition to your repertoire. The collection of flavors combine to provide a wonderful dining experience, with a dressing that’s glorious.
Various stories of how the salad was invented exist. One says that it came about in the 1930s at the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, where it became a signature dish. It is named for the restaurant’s owner, Robert Howard Cobb.
- 6 ounces mixed salad greens
- 8 cucumber slices
- 1 large grilled portobello mushroom, chopped
- 8 French green beans, blanched,
- 4 baby squash, blanched
- 1 ear of corn, roasted, shucked
- 1 heirloom tomato, diced
- Tarragon dressing, recipe follows
- 8 ounces chicken breast, grilled, sliced
- 4 ounces cooked lobster meat
- 4 ounces smoked pork loin, sliced
- 4 extra-large shrimp, poached
- 2 sea scallops, poached, quarter
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- chives for garnish
- Tarragon Dressing
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/2 ounces tarragon vinegar
- 3 ounces water
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups vegetable oil
- Toss greens with cucumber, portobello, green beans, squash, corn, tomato and dressing to taste.
- Arrange chicken, seafood, pork and eggs in a striped pattern atop lettuce mixture.
- Drizzle with additional dressing as desired and garnish with chives.
- Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, water, mustard, onions, tarragon, garlic, parsley, white pepper, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Slowly whisk in oil.
An astoundingly tasty dish, perfect for a weekend brunch, Stuffed French Toast with Blueberry Sauce ...
Apple Walnut Cake with Apple Cider Glaze is a warming, wonderful and richly flavored cake perfectly ...
This recipe for Double Rice Stuffing is packed with flavor and exceptional, mouthwatering textures. ...
The smokey flavor of Chipotle pairs well with the subtle allure of chocolate in this illustrious Cho...