If you really love to create unique, exciting salads, Crazy Cobb Salad is a priceless addition to your repertoire. The collection of flavors combine to provide a wonderful dining experience, with a dressing that’s glorious.
Various stories of how the salad was invented exist. One says that it came about in the 1930s at the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, where it became a signature dish. It is named for the restaurant’s owner, Robert Howard Cobb.
- 6 ounces mixed salad greens
- 8 cucumber slices
- 1 large grilled portobello mushroom, chopped
- 8 French green beans, blanched,
- 4 baby squash, blanched
- 1 ear of corn, roasted, shucked
- 1 heirloom tomato, diced
- Tarragon dressing, recipe follows
- 8 ounces chicken breast, grilled, sliced
- 4 ounces cooked lobster meat
- 4 ounces smoked pork loin, sliced
- 4 extra-large shrimp, poached
- 2 sea scallops, poached, quarter
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- chives for garnish
- Tarragon Dressing
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/2 ounces tarragon vinegar
- 3 ounces water
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups vegetable oil
- Toss greens with cucumber, portobello, green beans, squash, corn, tomato and dressing to taste.
- Arrange chicken, seafood, pork and eggs in a striped pattern atop lettuce mixture.
- Drizzle with additional dressing as desired and garnish with chives.
- Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, water, mustard, onions, tarragon, garlic, parsley, white pepper, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Slowly whisk in oil.
Sometimes you just want something interesting to serve at parties or, for your own personal pleasure...
Lamb is such a great meat that is greatly underestimated by beef-loving American cooks. Its rich fl...
Strawberry Panna Cotta is one of those simply perfect desserts you just have to make at some point i...
The Bacon Cheeseburger Deluxe is a staple of most American diners, from Maine to California. This v...