If you really love to create unique, exciting salads, Crazy Cobb Salad is a priceless addition to your repertoire. The collection of flavors combine to provide a wonderful dining experience, with a dressing that’s glorious.
Various stories of how the salad was invented exist. One says that it came about in the 1930s at the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, where it became a signature dish. It is named for the restaurant’s owner, Robert Howard Cobb.
- 6 ounces mixed salad greens
- 8 cucumber slices
- 1 large grilled portobello mushroom, chopped
- 8 French green beans, blanched,
- 4 baby squash, blanched
- 1 ear of corn, roasted, shucked
- 1 heirloom tomato, diced
- Tarragon dressing, recipe follows
- 8 ounces chicken breast, grilled, sliced
- 4 ounces cooked lobster meat
- 4 ounces smoked pork loin, sliced
- 4 extra-large shrimp, poached
- 2 sea scallops, poached, quarter
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- chives for garnish
- Tarragon Dressing
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/2 ounces tarragon vinegar
- 3 ounces water
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups vegetable oil
- Toss greens with cucumber, portobello, green beans, squash, corn, tomato and dressing to taste.
- Arrange chicken, seafood, pork and eggs in a striped pattern atop lettuce mixture.
- Drizzle with additional dressing as desired and garnish with chives.
- Blend mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, water, mustard, onions, tarragon, garlic, parsley, white pepper, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Slowly whisk in oil.
One of the classics of great Jewish cuisine, yet quite easy to prepare, Friday Night Brisket is alwa...
Beef Satays are an easy, economical and very handy recipe for parties and small events. Also handy ...
For an amazing meatless meal worthy of a wonderful weekend treat, try Artichokes Braised with Fennel...
You and your family will enjoy these delectable, Ghostly Cupcakes for some flavorful fun. Visually,...