This elegant recipe is still economical despite its beautiful presentation. An absolute treat for entertaining or brunch.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup minced onions
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bayou Blast; see * Note
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Crystal Hot sauce, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 6 medium vol-au-vent puff pastries
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese
- asparagus tips for garnish (optional)
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions.
- Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute. Season the crawfish and shrimp with Bayou Blast.
- Add the crawfish and shrimp to the onions. Continue to saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream. Season with Worcestershire Sauce and hot sauce.
- Bring the liquid to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes. Reseason if necessary. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the crawfish/shrimp sauce in the center of each puff pastry. Garnish with the remaining parsley and cheese and asparagus.
* Note: See the "Bayou Blast - (Emeril's Creole Seasoning)" recipe which is included in the Recipe Files.