A rich and flavorful dish made superb by the combination of a “Trinity” and buttery crawfish. Simply superb eating and great cooking.
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/3 Cup flour
- 1 Cup chopped onions
- 1 Cup chopped green pepper
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1/3 Cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cooked rice; for serving
- Melt butter in a large heavy pot. Add flour, and stir over medium-low heat until roux is caramel-colored (20 to 30 minutes). Stir constantly.
- Add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic. Cook until tender-crisp, three to four minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except rice, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.
You can easily substitute shrimp or small lobsters for the crawfish in this recipe.