Cranberry Walnut Muffins
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
Serves: 24 muffins
- 3/4 Cup chopped walnuts
- 3 3/4 Cups sugar or artificial sweetener, granulated
- 4 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Cups buttermilk
- 3/4 Cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 Cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place walnuts in a small baking pan; bake 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spray muffin pans with butter-flavored cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix granulated sweetener, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and orange zest together in a small mixing bowl. Add to flour mixture. Mix gently to combine. Add walnuts and cranberries and stir until just blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.