The natural pectin of apple helps solidify our Cranberry Sauce into a molded shape. Simply beautiful presentation makes this delightful dish fun.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 3/4 Cup water
- Spray a decorative mould with nonstick cooking spray or rub the surface completely with a paper towel dipped lightly in vegetable oil.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries with the apple, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently until the cranberries are completely broken down and the sauce is very thick, about 15 minutes. Scrape the cranberry sauce into the prepared mould and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- Invert the jelly onto a serving plate and remove the mould, gently. Garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs. Slice with a serrated knife before serving.