Whether made as loaves or muffins, this is a great recipe. Perfect for brunch, afternoon tea or a simple breakfast.
Cranberry Nut Bread or Muffins
Author: Judy Wickersham
Recipe type: Cakes
Serves: 18 to 24
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 Cup butter (1/2 stick); melted
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 2 Cups cranberries; cut in half
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- Grease 2 (9- by 5-inch) loaf pans or 18 to 24 muffin pans (or use cupcake liners). Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking soda together into bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter, eggs and orange juice. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake loaves for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, muffins about 30 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center; it should come out clean. Remove immediately from pans; let cool on rack. Wrap in foil and refrigerate or freeze.
- Yields 2 loaves or 18 to 24 muffins.