Whether made as a single pie or as tarts, Cranberry Mince Pie is a perfect treat for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Tangy and delicious, they become a family favorite.
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 2/3 Cup water
- pastry for 2 crust pie
- 1 egg yolk mixed with
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh cranberries; rinsed
- 1 jar ready for use mincemeat (with apples)
- In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add water.
- Over high heat, cook and stir until boiling. Add cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn mincemeat into pastry lined 9- or 10-inch pie plate.
- Top with cranberries.
- Cover with vented top crust; seal and flute.
- Brush egg mixture over crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees in lower half of oven 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Decorate with Egg Nog cream (recipe follows).
- Makes one 9- or 10-inch pie.
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups canned Borden Egg Nog (or other pre-made egg nog), chilled and one 4 serving size package instant vanilla flavor pudding mix; blend well.
- Fold in 1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped. Chill.
- Use as topping for pie, cake or fruit.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
The recipe may be made as individual pie tarts, as pictured.
Braised Leeks are an awesome and flavorful British side dish, with a direct Welsh connection. Simply...
When a cookie is good enough for a Scottish millionaire, it must be a very fine cookie indeed. This ...
Chocolate Chip Muffins are a delicious, favorite morning treat, perfect with a cup of coffee for a q...
Banana Pancakes with Macadamia Nut Sauce are definitely a good reason to get out of bed in the morni...