Whether made as a single pie or as tarts, Cranberry Mince Pie is a perfect treat for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Tangy and delicious, they become a family favorite.
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 2/3 Cup water
- pastry for 2 crust pie
- 1 egg yolk mixed with
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh cranberries; rinsed
- 1 jar ready for use mincemeat (with apples)
- In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add water.
- Over high heat, cook and stir until boiling. Add cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn mincemeat into pastry lined 9- or 10-inch pie plate.
- Top with cranberries.
- Cover with vented top crust; seal and flute.
- Brush egg mixture over crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees in lower half of oven 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Decorate with Egg Nog cream (recipe follows).
- Makes one 9- or 10-inch pie.
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups canned Borden Egg Nog (or other pre-made egg nog), chilled and one 4 serving size package instant vanilla flavor pudding mix; blend well.
- Fold in 1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped. Chill.
- Use as topping for pie, cake or fruit.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
The recipe may be made as individual pie tarts, as pictured.
For those who prefer meatless dishes, the Pulled BBQ Mushroom Sandwich is a genuinely tasty sandwich...
There's nothing quite like an Old-Fashioned Apple Pie for a perfect dessert, or treat for young or o...
Aspic jelly is a traditional recipe used in Europe for centuries, and once popular in the United Sta...
One of the classics of great Jewish cuisine, yet quite easy to prepare, Friday Night Brisket is alwa...