Simple, easy and seriously delicious for Thanksgiving or any meal in Autumn or Winter.
Author: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Recipe type: Fruits
Serves: 1 quart
- 1 unpeeled orange; finely chopped
- 2 Cups water
- 4 Cups stemmed cranberries (1 1/3 bags)
- 3 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts or other nuts
- Combine orange and water; cook rapidly until peel is tender, about 20 minutes. Add cranberries, sugar and raisins. Bring slowly to boiling, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Cook rapidly almost to jellying point, about 8 minutes. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Add nuts the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Pour, boiling hot, into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch of head space. Put on lids. Process 15 minutes in boiling-water bath.
- Yields about 4 half-pints.