Served with clotted cream or rich creamery butter, Cranberry Chocolate Scones make a great addition to any afternoon tea, breakfast, or brunch. They go well with a cup of cream tea. Exceptional!
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 Cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 Cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1/4 Cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- Orange icing
- 1 Cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add softened butter and with a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until it resembles course meal.
- In a separate bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, mix together eggs, 3/4 cup whipping cream (set aside the remaining cream), cranberries, and orange zest for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and finely chopped pecans, if desired.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir until blended and moist.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and gently knead the dough until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough in half and form into two large balls.
- Press down each ball into a large 6-inch circumference and cut the dough into 6 wedges.
- Place on an un-greased cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Lightly brush the tops of each wedge with the remaining whipping cream.
- Repeat with the other dough half.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool and drizzle with orange icing and a light dusting of powdered sugar.
- Mix together powdered sugar, orange juice, and vanilla. If icing is too thick to drizzle, continue adding orange juice 1/2 teaspoon at a time until you get the right consistency.
Absolutely outstanding and unique, these charming breadsticks are wrapped with beef and fresh arugul...
This recipe results in a perfectly cooked roast, paired with Batter Puddings, the Irish version of Y...
Buttery, rich and delicious, Spritz Butter Cookies are at their very best with simple decorations, a...
A richly flavorful confection, Grandmother's Molasses Taffy is perfect for the cooler days of the ye...