The sweet and salty flavor of crabmeat blends perfectly with the smooth, sultry flavor of avocado for this spicy, sexy appetizer. Seriously good eating with tortilla chips and salsa.
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe avocados, halved pitted
- 1 can crabmeat
- Put the metal blade chopping in your food processor, then place the onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise, chili peppers and salt in the work bowl.
- Run the processor nonstop for 10 seconds. The onion should be minced, and the other ingredients blended together.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out large chunks of avocado into the work bowl. Clean out each avocado shell as thoroughly as possible.
- Distribute the chunks of avocado around the chopping blade of the food processor. Pulse process two or three times, until the mixture is churned, but lumpy (like cottage cheese).
- Pick over the crabmeat for cartilage or shell fragments. Blend the crabmeat into the guacamole.
Double or triple the recipe for special occasions. It goes fast.
Try this with tortilla chips. Superb for your Cinco de Mayo party!
A tradition, the All-American Tuna-Salad Sandwich is perfect for a picnic lunch or, an economical qu...
Bistro Steak is a simple, easily cooked main course, perfect for a great dinner for two. Bleu chees...
Cooked bacon adds to the cheese and bread crumb topping in this flavorful Macaroni and Cheese with B...
A wonderful cold-weather dessert, Poached Pears in Cinnamon-Ginger Sauce's rich combination of cinna...