Crab, Salmon and Scallop Cakes
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
Serves: 6 to 8 cakes
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces salmon, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces sea scallops, chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups mango and pineapple relish
- 8 ounces salt-free saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 ounces whole wheat cracker crumbs
- 3 egg substitutes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, or 1/4 Scotch bonnet chili (stem removed, seeded and quartered)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using your food processor, make crumbs with the whole wheat and saltine crackers but KEEP THEM IN SEPARATE BOWLS.
- In a food processor, combine the egg substitutes, garlic, ginger, cilantro, Tabasco (or chili peppers) and salt & white pepper to taste. Mix until all ingredients are liquid.
- In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the scallops and salmon plus the egg mixture and mix well until the seafood is coated with egg. Add the whole wheat crackers, mix again and then carefully fold in the crab meat.
- Divide into six bowls. Form a cake that is approximately 3" diameter by 1" thick. Roll into the saltine cracker crumbs until totally coated.
- In a non-stick saut? pan, heat 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil. Saut? the cakes until golden brown on one side. Turn them over and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Serve with the Papaya, Mango and Pineapple Relish.