Crab Salad Sandwiches are delightful, with sweet, succulent meat, and the gentle crunch of celery and onion. Makes a perfect lunchtime sandwich. Always a pleasure.
Crab Salad Sandwiches
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 Cup very finely chopped celery
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced onion
- 6 ounces crabmeat (check for small pieces of shell)
- 2 large Kaiser rolls or oblong focaccia slices, split horizontally
- 1 Cup thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 4 to 6 slices fresh beefsteak tomato, preferably vine-ripened, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- micro greens, to taste
- Mix the mayonnaise and seafood seasoning together in medium bowl. Mix in celery and onion. Add crabmeat and stir gently to combine. Don't mash. Season to taste with pepper.
- Place bottoms of rolls on plates.
- Place the lettuce on the each of the rolls, topped with the tomato slices. Place half the crab salad on top of the sliced tomatoes. Top with avocado slices and microgreens
- Place the bun tops on the salad, and press gently. Slice in half, and serve immediately.
Substitute shrimp or lobster for the crab. You may want to skip the bread and stuff the salad into a tomato for a luncheon surprise.