Crab Boil Spices
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Spice Mixes and Rubs
Serves: 1 cup
- 1/4 Cup pickling spices
- 1/4 Cup sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 Tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 Tablespoons hot red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 Tablespoon minced dried chives
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 bay leaves
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulsing, process until the mixture forms a coarse powder.
For cooking shrimp, add 1/4 cup of the spices, along with 2 teaspoons salt, to a large saucepan of boiling water or half water and half beer. For lobster or crab, use 1 part distilled white wine to 3 parts water. Add the seafood and cook for 2 minutes, or until just cooked through. Remove the seafood and serve or chill.