Crab and Mango Enchiladas are a glorious compilation of flavors, bringing together the very best, including crab, mango, avocado, cheese and others. Muy bueno!
Crab and Mango Enchiladas
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 Cup chopped leeks
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 pound lump crab meat, picked over for cartilage
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 mangos, peeled and chopped, divided
- 1 poblano chile, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 Cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 14 (6 ounce) whole wheat or extra thin corn tortillas
- 1 ounce Queso Blanco
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
Mango Pico de Gallo:
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 poblano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- In a small non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until just tender. Cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, tomatillos, poblano and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and add 2 mangos, cilantro, lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Puree mixture and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and leeks. Fold in the crab meat, 1 mango and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of the mango sauce on the bottom.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave in 10 second increments until just pliable.
- Place tortillas on a work surface and place about 1/4 cup crab down the middle of each one. Roll up the tortilla and place seam side down into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining mango sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with queso blanco and ancho chili powder.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve, garnished with extra salsa and queso blanco.