Country Style Ham Apple Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pates and Terrines
- 4 pounds lean ham, cooked, chopped finely
- 5 green apples, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 Tablespoon mixed vegetable seasoning
- 1 cube bouillon (dissolved in
- 4 potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- In a deep baking dish, arrange alternate layers of ham and apples.
- Sprinkle each layer with onion and seasonings. Moisten each layer with bouillon. Cover this with a thick layer of mashed potatoes.
- Brush the potato peaks with melted butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the ham is thoroughly heated and the potato peaks are browned.