Country Pork Chops with Sage Smashed Potatoes
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pork
- 1 1/3 pound (4 medium) potatoes - cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove; pressed
- 4 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook potatoes, covered, in 2 inches boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. While potatoes cook, mix olive oil with garlic and rub on both sides of pork chops. Coat large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Add chops and over medium heat pan fry until chops are lightly browned and meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Drain potatoes; shake in pan over low heat 1 minute. Remove from heat and "smash" potatoes with fork, leaving them lumpy. Mix in butter, then milk and sage. Mix over low heat 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chops with potatoes.
Garlic infused string beans go perfectly with this dish. You might want to try a blackberry or raspberry port wine sauce.