Simply a superb side dish or salad course, Corn Bread, Tomato and Cilantro Salad is a wonderful combination of flavors and textures that adds zest to any meal. Perfect with Tex-Mex, barbecue or Southwestern recipes.
- 1/4 Cup vinegar
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 2 Cups cubed day-old corn bread
- 4 plum tomatoes; chopped
- 4 green onions; thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thick
- 1/2 Cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup cilantro leaves (loosely packed)
- Cilantro Vinaigrette: Combine vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, mustard and salt and pepper to taste in bowl. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. (Makes about 1/2 cup.)
- Salad: Combine corn bread, tomatoes, cucumbers green onions and cilantro in large bowl.
- Stir gently to combine so corn bread doesn't fall apart. Toss with 1/4 to 1/3 cup Cilantro Vinaigrette.
Each serving: 139 calories; 326 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 9 grams fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 0.27 gram fiber