Simply a superb side dish or salad course, Corn Bread, Tomato and Cilantro Salad is a wonderful combination of flavors and textures that adds zest to any meal. Perfect with Tex-Mex, barbecue or Southwestern recipes.
- 1/4 Cup vinegar
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 2 Cups cubed day-old corn bread
- 4 plum tomatoes; chopped
- 4 green onions; thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thick
- 1/2 Cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup cilantro leaves (loosely packed)
- Cilantro Vinaigrette: Combine vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, mustard and salt and pepper to taste in bowl. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. (Makes about 1/2 cup.)
- Salad: Combine corn bread, tomatoes, cucumbers green onions and cilantro in large bowl.
- Stir gently to combine so corn bread doesn't fall apart. Toss with 1/4 to 1/3 cup Cilantro Vinaigrette.
Each serving: 139 calories; 326 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 9 grams fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 0.27 gram fiber
Zeppoli are a favorite at Italian street fairs. These light, sweet dough fritters are deep fried wit...
The flavors of this incredible pork tenderloin are intense, rich, deep and spicy. The softer papaya ...
Easter Ham with Peach Glaze is a delectable way to serve an extraordinary meal for the holiday, with...
Most traditional BBQ sauces and marinades leave seafood too sweet, or tasting of burnt sugar. This l...