This flavor rich chowder is a pleasure to the palate and as lobster becomes much more affordable, it is a soup that is affordable. One of the most delicious seafood chowders we have ever made.
- 1/4 pound slab bacon; rind removed
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Cups onion diced 1/4-inch
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 russet potatoes; peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Cup half-and-half
- 3 Cups cooked fresh corn kernels
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper; cut 1/4-inch dice
- 4 scallions; very thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Cups cooked lobster (fresh or frozen); cut 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 Cup flat-leaf parsley
- Cut bacon into small dice and place in a large pot over low heat. Cook, stirring, to render the fat, 5 to 7 minutes. Add butter and let it melt.
- Add onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes. Add flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- Simmer broth, bay leaves and paprika in the pot for 5 minutes to flavor broth.
- Add potatoes and thyme; cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add half-and-half, corn, peppers and scallions; cook 10 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add lobster and parsley just before serving hot.
This abundantly flavorful, rich and superb stuffing is simply perfect for your holiday turkey. It ma...
Chez Mimi Carrot Soup is an incredible treat you will hardly expect to be as luscious as it is. Simp...
Crunchy, buttery and utterly delicious, Hazelnut Brittle is unusual, though it will become a favorit...
The seduction of Drunken Cherries on sultry premium Ice Cream creates an enticing, sensuous dessert ...