Cordon Bleu Casserole is a simple, easy to prepare dish that makes a wonderful, flavor-filled dish the family will love. This one has something for everyone. Be creative and customize it to your desires. This IS comfort food!
- 4 Cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 Cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 Cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1/4 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, ham and cheese, set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour, stir to form a paste.
- Gradually add cream stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, for about 1 minute or until thick, continuing to stir. Add dill, mustard and nutmeg, mix well.
- For the topping, toss bread crumbs, butter and dill; stir in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
For the most delightful dessert you'll ever try, make our Sweet-Potato Pecan Pie. Soft, yet crunchy,...
Though it is expensive, Chateaubriand for Two with Lobster Tails, Chateau Potatoes and Bearnaise Sau...
This outstanding, simple recipe for Classic Potato Salad is perfect for your summertime picnic or ba...
Bulgogi is a Korean specialty, often served as a main course or as an appetizer to be wrapped in let...