Cordon Bleu Casserole is a simple, easy to prepare dish that makes a wonderful, flavor-filled dish the family will love. This one has something for everyone. Be creative and customize it to your desires. This IS comfort food!
- 4 Cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 Cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 Cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1/4 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, ham and cheese, set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour, stir to form a paste.
- Gradually add cream stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, for about 1 minute or until thick, continuing to stir. Add dill, mustard and nutmeg, mix well.
- For the topping, toss bread crumbs, butter and dill; stir in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Roasted Turnips with Maple-Mustard Glaze provides an unusual, but delicious side dish with a sweet, ...
Grilled Portobello Sandwich with Goat Cheese and Green Sauce is the kind of dish that can tempt the ...
The incredible flavor of Grilled Chicken Salad with Cilantro Pesto Mayonnaise makes a perfect sandwi...
A glorious bean recipe from New England, Weymouth Baked Beans offers superior flavors and delightful...