Cordon Bleu Casserole is a simple, easy to prepare dish that makes a wonderful, flavor-filled dish the family will love. This one has something for everyone. Be creative and customize it to your desires. This IS comfort food!
- 4 Cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 Cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 Cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1/4 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, ham and cheese, set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour, stir to form a paste.
- Gradually add cream stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, for about 1 minute or until thick, continuing to stir. Add dill, mustard and nutmeg, mix well.
- For the topping, toss bread crumbs, butter and dill; stir in cheese and walnuts. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Toad in the hole is a traditional English dish comprising sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter, usua...
One of the best snack foods for the grown-ups this season. We simply love Salted Pumpkin Seeds as so...
Simply extraordinary, Chocolate Pots de Creme may be served in a variety of containers. As individua...
Simply a wonderfully delightful breakfast or brunch dish, good also for a light supper or dessert, R...