Simplicity is the hallmark of both the production and flavor of Cool Zucchini Soup. This is easy to make, soothing to the palate, and a pleasure overall.
Cool Zucchini Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Cups sliced zucchini (see note)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 Cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 ounces cream cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the zucchini is completely soft, stirring occasionally. The exact amount of time will depend on how thinly the zucchini is sliced.
- When the zucchini is completely cooked through, add the cream cheese and transfer the mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if necessary. Add additional broth for a thinner soup.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and serve cold.
A strong blender is important, but without one, it would be best to peel the zucchini or strain the soup after blending on the puree setting.