Rich and flavorful, Consomme Primavera has great appeal, and becomes a favored soup very quickly among family. To serve, divide among four soup bowls. Garnish with the julienned vegetables and the mushrooms.
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 turnip
- 1 parsnip
- 3 pounds chicken backs and necks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns crushed
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 leek
- 1/2 Cup fresh enoki mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Coarsely chop the onion, celery, 1 carrot, the turnip, and parsnip.
- Place in a large stock pot. Add 1-1/2 quarts water, the chicken parts, bay leaf, garlic, thyme, parsley, peppercorns, and salt to taste. Bring very slowly to a simmer; cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Strain through a double layer of cheesecloth. Set aside to cool.
- Peel the skins off the yellow squash and zucchini, discarding or reserving the pulp for other use. Julienne the peels, remaining 1/2 carrot, and the leek into uniform 1/8-inch by 2-inch matchsticks. Place in a steamer over boiling water; cook 1 minute. Remove and allow to cool.
- Skim any fat that has risen to the top of the consomme. Return the broth to a slow simmer; cook until reduced to one-fourth its original volume.
The smokey flavor of Chipotle pairs well with the subtle allure of chocolate in this illustrious Cho...
The freshness of the season is found in every bite of Farm Egg Salad. It brings the renewal of the ...
A very patriotic, historic, comforting and delicious soup, Navy Bean Soup's a keeper. Soothing, fill...
Apfelstrudel, an old Austrian recipe is always a crowd pleaser, and full of deep, rich and sweet fla...