Celestine is one of the favored consomme preparations in France, and is frequently served with Sunday meals in country homes. Richly flavored and nutritious, the soup is a glorious preparation you will treasure.
- 4 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 5 crepes
- spinach leaves; fresh or
- green beans; slivered
- If using homemade chicken broth, clarify (whip in egg white with its broken shell, add it to boiling broth; continue to boil for 10 minutes, then strain through cheesecloth).
- Cut cooked crepes (any main course crepe will do) into long thin strips. This is a good way to use mis-shapen crepes.
- Cut uncooked breast of chicken into match-stick strips and cook for 2 or 3 minutes in the simmering broth.
- Then add crepes and finally the raw spinach or slivered green beans.
- Cook 1 minute more. Check for seasoning and serve.
Loukoumades are a simple recipe for deep-fried dough covered in a honey glaze. Utterly delicious and...
Bavarian Creams are wonderful desserts with considerable flexibility for both flavors and use. Some ...
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese is a colorful, rich seafood dish full of wonderful flavors and amazing t...
Breaded Veal Cutlet (Weiner Schnitzel) is an Austrian classic, usually served with a fried egg on to...