Celestine is one of the favored consomme preparations in France, and is frequently served with Sunday meals in country homes. Richly flavored and nutritious, the soup is a glorious preparation you will treasure.
- 4 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 5 crepes
- spinach leaves; fresh or
- green beans; slivered
- If using homemade chicken broth, clarify (whip in egg white with its broken shell, add it to boiling broth; continue to boil for 10 minutes, then strain through cheesecloth).
- Cut cooked crepes (any main course crepe will do) into long thin strips. This is a good way to use mis-shapen crepes.
- Cut uncooked breast of chicken into match-stick strips and cook for 2 or 3 minutes in the simmering broth.
- Then add crepes and finally the raw spinach or slivered green beans.
- Cook 1 minute more. Check for seasoning and serve.
Outstanding Southwest cuisine, this recipe blends the best of American and Mexican cooking in one. C...
Delmonico Potatoes were standard fare at the elegant, refined Delmonico's restaurant in New York Cit...
Sofrito-Marinated Ranch Steak, also known as boneless chuck shoulder center cut steak is a little to...
An absolutely wonderful pairing of potato and leek, Scalloped Potatoes and Leeks, served as a side d...