Celestine is one of the favored consomme preparations in France, and is frequently served with Sunday meals in country homes. Richly flavored and nutritious, the soup is a glorious preparation you will treasure.
- 4 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 5 crepes
- spinach leaves; fresh or
- green beans; slivered
- If using homemade chicken broth, clarify (whip in egg white with its broken shell, add it to boiling broth; continue to boil for 10 minutes, then strain through cheesecloth).
- Cut cooked crepes (any main course crepe will do) into long thin strips. This is a good way to use mis-shapen crepes.
- Cut uncooked breast of chicken into match-stick strips and cook for 2 or 3 minutes in the simmering broth.
- Then add crepes and finally the raw spinach or slivered green beans.
- Cook 1 minute more. Check for seasoning and serve.
Most popular at Christmas, but eaten at other times of the year, this exceptional bread is wonderful...
Finnish Onion Pie is naturally sweetened by the onions, and deliciously flavorful. Best served with ...
Apple and pork are a perfect pairing, each complementing the other's flavor and texture. Braised Po...
Fettuccine with Cream, Basil and Romano is a flavor-rich main or pasta course that's sure to please....