Justin Wilson, that creative advocate of Cajun and Southern cookery left a legacy of immortal recipes, among which is this Cole Slaw. Superb with anything barbecued or grilled.
- 5 Tablespoon mayonnaise, (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon yellow mustard (heaping)
- 2 Tablespoon ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lea and Perrins
- juice of medium size lemon
- 3 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, medium, shredded
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- Put mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl large enough to hold complete mixture, but shaped so that the mixture can be beaten with a fork.
- Beat mayonnaise and mustard until combined. Add olive oil slowly, beating all the time. Beat until mixture has returned to the thickness of original mayonnaise. Add Louisiana hot sauce, continuing to beat. Add ketchup and keep beating. Add salt and garlic salt, beating all the time. Add wine vinegar (this will thin the sauce down). Beat this thoroughly, adding the lemon juice as you do so.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Place shredded cabbage, peppers, and onions in a large salad bowl. pour sauce over and toss well. This should be done about an hour before serving.
- Tastes even better the next day.
Yield: 10 servings
To make Baked Pears is to love them. Simple, easy, and utterly delicious, this treasured dessert is...
Sweet and tangy Spiced Peaches pair perfectly with roast meats or game, giving a vivacious flavor wi...
Sicilian Escarole Pie is a tasty filled savory pie that is full of great flavors, and packed with nu...
There's few recipes like our delicious Cider Poached Whole Apples. Full of flavor and easy to make, ...