Depending on how many chilies you add, Cold Tomatillo Soup could make a good cooler for a hot and spicy meal. An interesting soup for summer. Tomatillos may be either green or orange (ripened) to be used in this soup. The flavors are slightly different.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 jalapenos seeded and finely diced
- 1 small onion, yellow; diced finely
- 2 pounds tomatillos; husked and quartered
- 4 Cups chicken stock; homemade
- salt; to taste
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves; chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add chilies and onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add tomatillos and stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tomatillos are tender, about 10 minutes. Chill the soup for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, test for salt and ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro.
The exciting taste of citrus enhances and brightens the flavor of Citrus-Rosemary Grilled Turkey. Gr...
Braised Beef Short Ribs with Gremolata is an amazingly flavorful, aromatic main course that pairs pe...
Grilling before braising adds a unique caramelized flavor to Braised Lamb Shanks in Port Wine Sauce ...
In our Butter Lettuce and Herb Salad, the soft texture and buttery richness of the lettuce are glori...