Depending on how many chilies you add, Cold Tomatillo Soup could make a good cooler for a hot and spicy meal. An interesting soup for summer. Tomatillos may be either green or orange (ripened) to be used in this soup. The flavors are slightly different.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 jalapenos seeded and finely diced
- 1 small onion, yellow; diced finely
- 2 pounds tomatillos; husked and quartered
- 4 Cups chicken stock; homemade
- salt; to taste
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves; chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add chilies and onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add tomatillos and stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tomatillos are tender, about 10 minutes. Chill the soup for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, test for salt and ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro.
At New Year's Eve, there are few things more special than Blini with Caviar and Creme Fraiche.
Kerry Casserole is a classic Irish dish, made with meaty Irish bacon, and sliced potatoes. The flav...
Sweet, tangy and with a rich, tropical flavor, Apricot-Pineapple Barbecue Sauce is ideal for ribs, c...
Avocado Egg Roll with Spicy Duck Sauce is a delicious appetizer recipe that's incredibly appealing a...