Peaches and cream is a traditional favorite blending of flavors, but the addition of a hint of Amaretto gives this exceptional cold soup great flavor. Always a favorite at dinner parties. Serve as a dessert.
- 3 ripe medium peaches (unpeeled), washed, coarsely chopped, pits and stems removed
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon finely snipped fresh basil
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto di Saronna
- fresh peach slices or raspberry
- fresh mint sprigs
- In a blender combine the 3 peaches, yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, half-and-half, lime juice, and ginger. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a storage container; stir in the basil.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours until well chilled.
- In a well-chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream, 1 tablespoon honey, and Amaretto with a whisk or electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- To serve, ladle about 1/2 cup of the chilled soup into each of 6 shallow serving bowls or elegant cocktail glasses with short stems or Old Fashioned glasses. Dollop with whipped cream and garnish with fresh peach slices or berry and mint.
- Serve immediately.
Most traditional BBQ sauces and marinades leave seafood too sweet, or tasting of burnt sugar. This l...
Banana-Pineapple Tropical Sorbet is sensual, seductive and evocative of a night on a moon-lit beach ...
You'll love the delicate flavors in Pad Thai with Shrimp, and the sweet and sour taste sensations it...
This simple dish is a breakfast staple across the American heartland. Flaky biscuits and rich sausag...