Peaches and cream is a traditional favorite blending of flavors, but the addition of a hint of Amaretto gives this exceptional cold soup great flavor. Always a favorite at dinner parties.
- 3 ripe medium peaches (unpeeled), washed, coarsely chopped, pits and stems removed
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon finely snipped fresh basil
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto di Saronna
- fresh peach slices or raspberry
- fresh mint sprigs
- In a blender combine the 3 peaches, yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, half-and-half, lime juice, and ginger. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a storage container; stir in the basil.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours until well chilled.
- In a well-chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream, 1 tablespoon honey, and Amaretto with a whisk or electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- To serve, ladle about 1/2 cup of the chilled soup into each of 6 shallow serving bowls or elegant cocktail glasses with short stems or Old Fashioned glasses. Dollop with whipped cream and garnish with fresh peach slices or berry and mint.
- Serve immediately.
Tabbouleh Salad is a healthful, classic grain dish made up of tomatoes, mint, parsley, bulgur, and o...
Lemon Verbena Angel Food Cake imparts the flavor of the season to every morsel of this incredible c...
Irish Beef in Guinness is an interesting stew cooked in a different manner to the traditional Irish ...
Tante's Boozy Halloween Cake makes a great adult Halloween cake. Frost with orange cream cheese fros...