Whether you use chicken, shrimp or no meat a all, this pasta salad makes a great main course or side dish anytime of year. Always a crowd pleaser. Simple and delicious.
Cold Pasta Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 pound pasta twists or bowties
- 8 ounces shrimp or chicken (optional)
- 1/2 Cup mushrooms; marinated
- 1/2 Cup peas; frozen
- 1/2 Cup carrots; shredded
- 1/2 Cup cheese; diced
- 1 Cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 Cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice; fresh
- 3 Tablespoons parsley; chopped
- 2 anchovies fillets; chopped
- 2 Tablespoons garlic; finely chopped
- pepper; freshly ground
- Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse quickly to stop cooking and place in large serving bowl.
- Add coarsely chopped shrimp or chicken or both, if desired. Cook peas until not quite done drain and rinse in cold water. Add to pasta along with mushrooms and other veggies and cheese.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, chopped anchovies and parsley in a separate bowl and add to pasta.
- Toss everything together until pasta is well coated. Let sit in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix again before serving over beds of lettuce with lemon wedges.