Cold Papaya Soup is a Caribbean delight, pairing the sweet and tangy flavor of the fruit with lime for a refreshing, cooling soup.
Cold Papaya Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 ripe papaya, about 6-inches long
- sugar, to taste
- 1 fresh lime, juiced, to taste
- Peel the papaya and cut in half. Spoon out the seeds and keep them in a small container in the refrigerator.
- Cut the papaya into chunks and reduce to a liquid puree in the food processor. Add the sugar and lime juice.
- If the puree is too thick, stir in a little water, but be very careful that you do not add too much water or you will lose the consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve in fruit cups with a dab of the reserved seeds in the center of each serving.