Cold Georgia Peach Soup with Country Ham is an enticing, flavorful soup that is best served as an appetizer course. Simply delicious, with amazing flavors that heighten the palate.
- 2 1/4 pounds fresh Georgia peaches
- 1 leek
- 1/2 onion (Vidalia or Sweet)
- 3 Cups chicken stock
- 6 Tablespoons cream
- 8 teaspoons oil
- 1 dollop of butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves
- 2 peaches, pitted, skinless, sliced
- 5 ounces Country ham, thinly sliced, fat free
- fresh mint
- Chop the onion and the white part of the leek. Place in a saucepan with the oil and cook gently.
- Wash the peaches and cut them in half. Remove the pits, then cut into quarters and saute with the onion and leek. Cover with chicken stock, season with salt and pepper, add some fresh grated nutmeg, a pinch of cinnamon and the cloves (stuck into a little piece of onion to make them easier to remove.) Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the peaches are tender.
- Remove the onion with the cloves, puree the soup in a blender, add the cream and bring to a boil. Correct the seasoning, stir in the butter and refrigerate to chill.
Blanch and peel the peaches and cut into thin wedges and chill. Cut the ham into strips.
Pour the chilled soup into bowls. Sprinkle with mint.
Garnish with peaches and ham.