Every portion of Cold Cucumber and Spinach Soup will leave your guests and family pleading for second helpings. It pairs cool, refreshing cucumber with flavorful spinach for a delectable treat.
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Cups diced cucumbers
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup chopped, fresh spinach
- 1/2 Cup sliced, peeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup light cream, chilled
- 1 radish, washed and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, saute green onions in butter until they are softened. Add cucumbers, chicken broth, spinach, potatoes, salt, lemon juice and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and puree.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl and stir in the light cream.
- Let soup cool and chill for several hours, or overnight.
- Garnish each serving with thin slices of radishes and/or green onions.
Classic German gingerbread is made for the Christmas holidays, and often made and decorated in holid...
When it comes to desserts that have a home-spun flavor of times gone by, try a dish of Graham Cracke...
Honey Roasted Peanuts are a seriously delicious, crunchy and sweet treat. Suitable for young or old,...
Sausage and Wild Rice Stuffing is a magnificent stuffing for turkey, chicken, large game birds, duck...