Every portion of Cold Cucumber and Spinach Soup will leave your guests and family pleading for second helpings. It pairs cool, refreshing cucumber with flavorful spinach for a delectable treat.
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Cups diced cucumbers
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup chopped, fresh spinach
- 1/2 Cup sliced, peeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup light cream, chilled
- 1 radish, washed and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, saute green onions in butter until they are softened. Add cucumbers, chicken broth, spinach, potatoes, salt, lemon juice and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and puree.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl and stir in the light cream.
- Let soup cool and chill for several hours, or overnight.
- Garnish each serving with thin slices of radishes and/or green onions.
A delicious dessert, well suited to Summer months when berries are in season. Raspberry Napoleons ar...
When a cookie is good enough for a Scottish millionaire, it must be a very fine cookie indeed. This ...
Named for our publisher's niece, Olivia, this exceptional and flavorful barbecue sauce is perfect fo...
Simply luscious, creamy and delicious, this dip is perfect with tortilla chips, pita crisps, papadum...