Every portion of Cold Cucumber and Spinach Soup will leave your guests and family pleading for second helpings. It pairs cool, refreshing cucumber with flavorful spinach for a delectable treat.
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Cups diced cucumbers
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup chopped, fresh spinach
- 1/2 Cup sliced, peeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup light cream, chilled
- 1 radish, washed and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, saute green onions in butter until they are softened. Add cucumbers, chicken broth, spinach, potatoes, salt, lemon juice and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and puree.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl and stir in the light cream.
- Let soup cool and chill for several hours, or overnight.
- Garnish each serving with thin slices of radishes and/or green onions.
One of the most interesting side dishes for summertime meals is Beer-Baked Beans. Delicious and uniq...
Danish Hash with Fried Eggs or Biksemad is a traditional breakfast dish in Denmark. Filled with deli...
Duck, that most versatile bird, pairs perfectly with Jack Daniel's Whiskey, creating this extraordin...
These exceptionally fun creations are easy to make, simply delish and amusingly ghoulish. Everyone l...