The sultry, seductive, and healthy ingredient in Cold Avocado Soup with Chili Coriander Cream pairs with cilantro cream making an exceptional soup. Perfect for hot weather.
- 3 ripe California avocados (each about 1/2 pound)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice - or to taste
- 1 1/2 Cups low salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Cups buttermilk
- 2 Cups ice water - (up to 3)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - or to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1/4 Cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno - seeded and minced
- 2 Cups chopped fresh coriander - washed well and chopped, or to taste, spun dry
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados and in a blender or food processor blend with lemon or lime juice, broth, buttermilk, 2 cups ice water, cumin, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth. Transfer soup to a large bowl. Thin with remaining ice water to desired consistency and chill, covered, until very cold, at least 2 hours and up to 4 (soup will discolor if kept longer.)
- For the Chili Coriander Cream, in a blender or small food processor blend together all ingredients with salt and pepper to taste, scraping down sides until very smooth. Cream may be made 6 hours ahead and chilled.
Sliced London Broil with Cremini Mushroom Sauce is one of those incredibly simple recipes that offer...
Green Tea Sorbet is an exceptional integration of French and Japanese cuisines, resulting in a delic...
Sofrito-Marinated Ranch Steak, also known as boneless chuck shoulder center cut steak is a little to...
Apple-Raisin Stuffing is an incredible accompaniment to your holiday or weekend roast turkey or goos...