The sultry, seductive, and healthy ingredient in Cold Avocado Soup with Chili Coriander Cream pairs with cilantro cream making an exceptional soup. Perfect for hot weather.
- 3 ripe California avocados (each about 1/2 pound)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice - or to taste
- 1 1/2 Cups low salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Cups buttermilk
- 2 Cups ice water - (up to 3)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - or to taste
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1/4 Cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno - seeded and minced
- 2 Cups chopped fresh coriander - washed well and chopped, or to taste, spun dry
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados and in a blender or food processor blend with lemon or lime juice, broth, buttermilk, 2 cups ice water, cumin, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth. Transfer soup to a large bowl. Thin with remaining ice water to desired consistency and chill, covered, until very cold, at least 2 hours and up to 4 (soup will discolor if kept longer.)
- For the Chili Coriander Cream, in a blender or small food processor blend together all ingredients with salt and pepper to taste, scraping down sides until very smooth. Cream may be made 6 hours ahead and chilled.
Pâté de Campagne is a rustic meat served as a luncheon or appetizer course, or may be served as a ma...
Nothing is more heart-warming than roasted chestnuts. Coming onto the market in Autumn through much ...
Cold Spicy Noodles in Sesame Sauce is a great Chinese recipe that entices the palate with a silky te...
Osterbrot, or Easter Bread is essentially, the German version of Greek Tsoureki or Italian Easter Br...