Cod in Tomato Sauce
Author: Barbara Norman
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 pounds desalted cod; cut serving size
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 large onion; chopped fine
- 3 tomatoes, red ripe; peeled and chopped (or 1 1/2 Cups canned tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic
- flour; for dusting
- Heat olive oil to the verge of smoking in a skillet. Dip pieces of cod in flour and fry lightly on both sides. Remove to a plate.
- In the same oil, fry the onion slowly until it is yellow and soft. Fry tomatoes, peeled and chopped, over a moderate flame until sauce has thickened. Add two cloves of pressed or crushed garlic, cook 2 minutes longer, reheat cod in sauce, and serve.
Recipe Source: THE SPANISH COOKBOOK by Barbara Norman