Cod Cobbler is an exceptional, savory preparation ideal for a family dinner. Rich and flavorful, the crunchy top is perfectly paired with the creamy sauce. We add peas and carrots to enhance the dish with vitamins.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless filets of cod
- 2 ounces salted butter
- 2 ounces all purpose flour
- 2 Cups (1/2 litre) milk
- 3 1/2 ounces grated cheese (Cheddar)
- 2 ounces grated cheese (for scones)
- 2 ounces salted butter (for scones)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (for scones)
- 1 pinch salt (for scones)
- egg (for scones)
- Place cod filets in the bottom of a round oven dish.
- Make a cheese sauce with 2 ounces each of butter and flour, 1/2 litre milk and 3 1/2 oz grated cheese: pour over fish.
- Then make scone dough -- rub 2 ounces butter into 8 ounces of flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder, and pinch of salt. Add 2 ounces grated cheese, preferably mature Cheddar or a mixture of that and Parmesan.
- Drop 1 egg yolk into the mixture and add enough milk to make a workable dough.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1/2 inch and cut into small rounds with a scone cutter or a glass.
- Disburse these rounds on top of the sauce, so that they just about cover the surface; glaze them with a little milk, sprinkle some more grated cheese over them and bake in a hot oven (450 F) for 25 to 30 minutes, until the scones are golden brown.
Dulce de Leche is a cross between a candy and a dessert sauce, this caramel is wonderful, whether se...
The depth of flavor good Bourbon affords to pork is astounding. Marinated in it, glazed in it, this ...
Pumpkin Orange Soup with Halloween Croutons is a deliciously flavorful potage. This recipe offers a...
The delights of Apple and Parsnip Soup are boundless, and its wonderful flavors entice the palate. P...