Cod Cobbler is an exceptional, savory preparation ideal for a family dinner. Rich and flavorful, the crunchy top is perfectly paired with the creamy sauce. We add peas and carrots to enhance the dish with vitamins.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless filets of cod
- 2 ounces salted butter
- 2 ounces all purpose flour
- 2 Cups (1/2 litre) milk
- 3 1/2 ounces grated cheese (Cheddar)
- 2 ounces grated cheese (for scones)
- 2 ounces salted butter (for scones)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (for scones)
- 1 pinch salt (for scones)
- egg (for scones)
- Place cod filets in the bottom of a round oven dish.
- Make a cheese sauce with 2 ounces each of butter and flour, 1/2 litre milk and 3 1/2 oz grated cheese: pour over fish.
- Then make scone dough -- rub 2 ounces butter into 8 ounces of flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder, and pinch of salt. Add 2 ounces grated cheese, preferably mature Cheddar or a mixture of that and Parmesan.
- Drop 1 egg yolk into the mixture and add enough milk to make a workable dough.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1/2 inch and cut into small rounds with a scone cutter or a glass.
- Disburse these rounds on top of the sauce, so that they just about cover the surface; glaze them with a little milk, sprinkle some more grated cheese over them and bake in a hot oven (450 F) for 25 to 30 minutes, until the scones are golden brown.
Andy's Chocolate Eggnog Layer Pie is a simply made rich dessert, the recipe published in Aunt Bea's ...
Always a treasured treat for breakfast, this simple recipe for pancakes is a tradition going back hu...
There are few who taste Moroccan Chicken with Olives and Preserved Lemon and don't fall madly in lov...
Summer is a time for frozen desserts and among them, we love Peanuts and Porter Ice Cream Sandwiches...