There is something particularly special about Coconut Custard Pie. That special creamy texture combined with that slight crunch and the hint of the tropics make these perfect for winter, or any time of the year. Superb with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell, unbaked
- 1 Cup flaked coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 Cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toast 1/2 cup coconut; set aside.
- Bake pastry shell 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; mix well.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Pour in to prepared pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool. Chill if desired.
Custard Pie: Omit coconut. Proceed as above.
Festive Green Beans with Almonds makes a delightful dinner even more impressive and delicious with e...
Snap Peas with Sesame Oil is a simple, delightful side dish perfect with Asian and Chinese dishes.
Tuscany is the home of many great recipes, not the least of which are many wonderful bean-based reci...
Summer is the season to cook with fresh fruit so Strawberry Ice Cream is a natural fit with its perf...