There is something particularly special about Coconut Custard Pie. That special creamy texture combined with that slight crunch and the hint of the tropics make these perfect for winter, or any time of the year. Superb with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell, unbaked
- 1 Cup flaked coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 Cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toast 1/2 cup coconut; set aside.
- Bake pastry shell 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; mix well.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Pour in to prepared pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool. Chill if desired.
Custard Pie: Omit coconut. Proceed as above.
Rich and flavorful, Consomme Primavera has great appeal, and becomes a favored soup very quickly amo...
Chilled Udon with Teriyaki Chicken and Baby Bok Choy is well suited to lunch or dinner. Serve it as ...
Warm and comforting in cold weather, Cream of Mushroom Soup is delightfully earthy ...
These incredible vegetarian burgers are a glorious option for lunch or dinner. Match them up with c...