Cobb Salad, created at Hollywood’s famed Brown Derby, quickly became a favorite among movie stars and moguls. Simple, elegant and filling, it affords visual and taste appeal. Delightful.
- 1/2 head iceberg or Boston lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch curly endive
- 1/2 head romaine
- 2 Tablespoons minced chives
- 2 medium tomatoes *
- 1 whole chicken breast **
- 6 bacon strips; cooked,diced
- 1 avocado; peeled and diced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs; diced
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic; minced
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3/4 Cup vegetable oil
- Chop lettuce, watercress, endive and romaine in very fine pieces.
- Mix in 1 large wide bowl or 6 individual wide shallow bowls. Add chives.
- Arrange tomatoes, chicken, bacon, avocado and eggs in narrow strips or wedges across top of greens. Sprinkle with cheese. Chill.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine water, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic and oils. Chill.
- At serving time, shake dressing well. At table, pour 1/2 cup dressing over salad and toss. Pass remaining dressing at table.
**Chicken breast should be cooked, boned, skinned and diced.
Created by: Originally created at The Brown Derby, Hollywood, California
Frankfurter Bohnensuppe should use real German frbeankfurters, more of a sausage and definitely not ...
The best flavors of Shrimp Wonton Soup are found in this exceptional recipe, made with shrimp wonton...
The cookie version of the Pecan Pie, our Tassies are deliciously seductive delights and an absolute ...
This home style recipe for Chicken Cacciatore is simply stunning, delicious and spicy. The flavors t...