Cobb Salad, created at Hollywood’s famed Brown Derby, quickly became a favorite among movie stars and moguls. Simple, elegant and filling, it affords visual and taste appeal. Delightful.
- 1/2 head iceberg or Boston lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch curly endive
- 1/2 head romaine
- 2 Tablespoons minced chives
- 2 medium tomatoes *
- 1 whole chicken breast **
- 6 bacon strips; cooked,diced
- 1 avocado; peeled and diced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs; diced
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic; minced
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3/4 Cup vegetable oil
- Chop lettuce, watercress, endive and romaine in very fine pieces.
- Mix in 1 large wide bowl or 6 individual wide shallow bowls. Add chives.
- Arrange tomatoes, chicken, bacon, avocado and eggs in narrow strips or wedges across top of greens. Sprinkle with cheese. Chill.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine water, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic and oils. Chill.
- At serving time, shake dressing well. At table, pour 1/2 cup dressing over salad and toss. Pass remaining dressing at table.
**Chicken breast should be cooked, boned, skinned and diced.
Created by: Originally created at The Brown Derby, Hollywood, California
Butter Toffee is a traditional British confectionery; an absolute treasure for the Christmas season....
Loukoumades are a simple recipe for deep-fried dough covered in a honey glaze. Utterly delicious and...
The extraordinary results of Penn Dutch Noodles will make them a welcomed regular at your family tab...
Irish Cream Boozy Brownies are rich chocolate brownies stuffed with milk and dark chocolate chunks. ...