Clove, Cinnamon and Chocolate Cookies are packed with delightful flavors. Cinnamon and cloves pair well, but so do chocolate and pistachio. Together, they’re amazing.
Clove, Cinnamon and Chocolate Cookies
These cookies go well with coffee or a cold glass of milk. You can freeze them, too. They make a great accompaniment for ice cream.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 7/8 Cup dark muscovado/brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup caster/granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons self-raising flour
- 3/4 Cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 Cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350ºF), gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with nonstick baking paper.
- Cream the butter, sugars and spices together with an electric whisk or in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until light and creamy. Mix in the whole egg and yolk. Now add the flour, chocolate chips and all but a handful of the chopped pistachios and mix to bring the dough together.
- Roughly shape a heaping tablespoonful of the mixture into a ball and put a few of the reserved chopped pistachios on top. Place this ball on a lined baking tray and repeat with the remaining dough, leaving enough space between them for the cookies to spread during cooking.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies start to color but are still chewy in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- These cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to seven days.