As side dishes go, Classic Thai Fried Rice is a gem. It is equally useful as a main course. Best of all, it is flexible and adaptable. Be creative.
Classic Thai Fried Rice
Garnish with green onions and sliced cucumbers, and a lime wedge.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons Red Curry Paste, see Recipe
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound tofu, diced
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 Cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the curry paste and stir-fry until it releases its aroma. Add the tofu and cook another 3 minutes. Add the rice, mix and fry for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, green onion and cilantro and transfer to a serving dish and garnish.
- Serve with a clear soup and a salad and this makes a good meal in itself.
- Serve with chilies in vinegar on the side:
- Chop 1/2 cup fresh green and red chilies and chop them into small pieces. Add to 1 1/2 cups rice vinegar mixed with 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.