Classic Roast Beef Sandwiches are without a doubt incredibly flavorful. There’s nothing like them for their hale and hearty nature. Deliciousness!
Classic Roast Beef Sandwiches
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 4 ounces mayonnaise (regular)
- 2 Tablespoons horseradish, prepared, drained
- 8 slices hearty rye bread
- 16 ounces roast beef, rare, hand cut, preferably
- Cheddar cheese slices
- lettuce leaves, Green Leaf or Romaine, preferred
- Combine mayonnaise and horseradish, and set aside.
- To build each sandwich, spread one side of each slice of rye bread with 1 Tablespoon horseradish mayonnaise.
- Layer about 4 ounces of the roast beef on one piece of bread and top with two slices cheddar. Place in the broiler far from the heat, for 1 minute, till the cheese just begins to soften. Remove. Add 2 lettuce leaves, and top with remaining slice of bread, spread side down.
- Serve immediately.