The term “Classic” in the title of this recipe is no understatement. Simply one of the best recipes for soda bread out there, with superb results every time. Serve with soft creamery butter or clotted cream. Jams or preserves on the side. Goes well with a cream tea in the afternoon.
- 4 Cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 Cups raisins
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1 Cup butter; melted
- 1 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a sheet pan and chill.
- Place raisins and caraway seeds in a large bowl. Sift together flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. Pour sifted mixture over raisins.
- Add butter, eggs and milk to the bowl; mix well.
- Mold dough into a loaf shape on a floured board.
- Place dough in greased pan and bake for one hour, or until bread tests done.
Plum Clafoutis is a glorious way to serve a baked French dessert. Serve the Clafoutis hot, straight...
Despite the whiskey, Tipsy Grilled Chicken with Bourbon Maple Glaze is safe to serve to your kids. T...
Autumn Pasta brings the harvest season to the table in wonderful ways, introducing the best flavors ...
Chicken Consommé takes standard chicken broth to a new, rich and incredible level, enhancing the fla...