The term “Classic” in the title of this recipe is no understatement. Simply one of the best recipes for soda bread out there, with superb results every time. Serve with soft creamery butter or clotted cream. Jams or preserves on the side. Goes well with a cream tea in the afternoon.
- 4 Cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 Cups raisins
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1 Cup butter; melted
- 1 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a sheet pan and chill.
- Place raisins and caraway seeds in a large bowl. Sift together flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. Pour sifted mixture over raisins.
- Add butter, eggs and milk to the bowl; mix well.
- Mold dough into a loaf shape on a floured board.
- Place dough in greased pan and bake for one hour, or until bread tests done.
Chiles, spices, garlic and onion combine well with citrus juices to create a tangy, tasty Citrus Bar...
Famous Coca-Cola Brisket is one of the best examples of preparing roasted brisket around. Makes a de...
Cool, soothing and very relaxing, Chilled Zucchini Soup is packed with nutrition and flavor. Totally...
Make these tasty Empanadas as a main course or appetizers for a delightfully spicy treat. Filled wit...