The simple beauty of the Classic Iceberg Wedge makes this salad a joy to eat and a visual delight. The crisp, salty, crunchy complexities add to its enjoyment. Pair with grilled chicken, turkey, or shrimp for a perfect main course.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (may substitute Boston or Bibb lettuce), trimmed
- a premium or homemade blue cheese dressing (we used Marie's thinned with a little buttermilk)
- 1/4 pound cooked bacon, golden brown, drained, cooled and crumbled
- grape tomatoes (some cut in half, lengthwise)
- Cut the lettuce into wedges and trim the cores (do not remove completely). Arrange on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the blue cheese dressing over the the wedges but do not smother them.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top. (Do not use artificial bacon. If vegetarian, omit.)
- Scatter a few tomatoes around the plate.
- Serve immediately.
When it comes to comforting soups, few are as good as Butternut Squash Soup with Toasted Hazelnuts. ...
Champorado is an exceptional Filipino dish served for a dessert or breakfast and is a deliciously ch...
Banana Pancakes with Macadamia Nut Sauce are definitely a good reason to get out of bed in the morni...
Bourbon Bread Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce is an easy Cajun adaptation of the American classic, u...