The simple beauty of the Classic Iceberg Wedge makes this salad a joy to eat and a visual delight. The crisp, salty, crunchy complexities add to its enjoyment. Pair with grilled chicken, turkey, or shrimp for a perfect main course.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (may substitute Boston or Bibb lettuce), trimmed
- a premium or homemade blue cheese dressing (we used Marie's thinned with a little buttermilk)
- 1/4 pound cooked bacon, golden brown, drained, cooled and crumbled
- grape tomatoes (some cut in half, lengthwise)
- Cut the lettuce into wedges and trim the cores (do not remove completely). Arrange on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the blue cheese dressing over the the wedges but do not smother them.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top. (Do not use artificial bacon. If vegetarian, omit.)
- Scatter a few tomatoes around the plate.
- Serve immediately.
The Cubano Sandwich is one of the greatest sandwiches ever created. Here, we offer a spectacular ver...
Torta di Cimabue is a delectable dessert, served as a cake, but light as a feather and with a heaven...
For an extraordinary, unusual, and delicious soup, try our Fennel Bisque with Dublin Bay Prawns. Ser...
Swiss Steak is most often prepared with beef, occasionally with venison. Slow cooking make even a to...