Lo Mein is a noodle dish with a delicious sauce. This variation on the typical Chinese takeaway recipe uses shredded chicken, but you can easily substitute duck, beef, pork or even tofu. So delicious!
- Peanut Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 3/4 Cup vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon Asian chile sauce
- 3/4 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 ounces lo mein noodles
- 3 1/2 Cups bean sprouts; rinsed, dried
- 1 large carrot; thinly sliced
- 2 green onions; sliced
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast; cooked, shredded
- For the Peanut Sauce: Combine soy and light soy sauces, rice wine, vinegar, creamy and chunky peanut butters, chile sauce and oil until thoroughly blended. (Makes 1 Cup)
- For the Salad: Cook noodles in boiling water according to package directions, about 3 minutes. Drain and chill.
- Combine bean sprouts, carrot, green onions, sesame seeds, chicken and chilled noodles in large bowl. Add Peanut Sauce and toss, breaking noodles up a bit as you stir.
Each serving: 522 calories; 1,468 mg sodium; 49 mg cholesterol; 18 grams fat; 61 grams carbohydrates; 31 grams protein; 2.85 grams fiber.
NOTES : Recipe from City Wok in Palm Desert